Owning land is a significant investment and asset for many individuals in Tamil Nadu. Whether you are looking to purchase a piece of land or verify the ownership of your own property, having access to accurate land records is crucial. In Tamil Nadu, the process of checking the landowner’s name with the survey number has been streamlined through various government initiatives and digital platforms. In this blog, we will walk you through the steps to check landowner details using a survey number in Tamil Nadu.
1. Understanding the Survey Number
The Survey Number is a unique identification number assigned to each parcel of land during the land survey process. It acts as a crucial reference point in the land records maintained by the government authorities. The survey number helps to precisely locate and verify the ownership of a particular piece of land.
2. Importance of Verifying Land Ownership
Before investing in a property or carrying out any land-related transactions, it is essential to verify the land’s ownership. Verifying the landowner’s name and the accuracy of land records can save you from potential legal disputes and ensure a hassle-free buying or selling process.
3. Initiatives by Tamil Nadu Government
To promote transparency and reduce land-related conflicts, the Tamil Nadu government has undertaken several digitization initiatives to make land records easily accessible to the public. The key initiatives are:
- Tamil Nadu e-District Portal: The e-District portal provides online services related to various government departments, including revenue and land It allows users to access land-related information using the survey number.
- Tamil Nadu Land Records e-Service: The Tamil Nadu government offers an online platform where users can access land records, Patta Chitta documents, and FMB sketch maps using the survey number.
4. Steps to Check Landowner Name with Survey Number
Now, let’s go through the step-by-step process to check the landowner’s name with the survey number in Tamil Nadu:
Step 1: Visit the Tamil Nadu Land Records e-Service portal at https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew.
Step 2: On the homepage, select the “View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract” option.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page where you need to select the district, taluk, village, and survey number of the land you want to check.
Step 4: After entering the required details, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 5: The system will process the information and display the Patta Chitta details and FMB sketch map related to the provided survey number.
Step 6: Verify the landowner’s name and other details mentioned in the Patta Chitta document.
Step 7: You can take a printout of the document for future reference.
5. Points to Remember
While checking land records, there are a few essential points to keep in mind:
- Regular Updates: Land records are subject to updates and It is advisable to check for the latest records to ensure accuracy.
- Verify Multiple Sources: While online portals are convenient, it is prudent to cross-check the information obtained with the concerned revenue office or the village administrative
- Legal Assistance: For significant land transactions or disputes, seeking legal assistance can provide additional assurance and
6. Advantages of Digital Land Records
The availability of digital land records in Tamil Nadu has numerous advantages:
- Accessibility: Citizens can easily access land records from the comfort of their homes or offices without the need to visit government offices physically.
- Time-Saving: The online platform reduces the time taken to obtain land-related information, promoting efficiency in property transactions.
- Transparency: By providing transparent access to land records, the chances of fraudulent activities are minimized.
- Reduced Corruption: Digital records help in reducing corruption, as there is less scope for manual tampering of data.
The digitization of land records in Tamil Nadu has revolutionized the process of verifying land ownership using survey numbers. The availability of online platforms makes it convenient for individuals to access accurate and up-to-date land records, ensuring transparency and minimizing disputes. Before engaging in any land-related transactions, it is advisable to cross-check information from multiple sources and, if required, seek legal assistance. By following the steps outlined in this blog, you can easily check the landowner’s name with the survey number and make informed decisions regarding property matters in Tamil Nadu.
1. Q: Why do I need to check the landowner name with a survey number in Tamil Nadu?
A: Verifying the landowner’s name with a survey number is crucial before any property transaction or ownership claim. It ensures that you are dealing with the rightful owner and helps avoid potential legal disputes or fraud. The process also provides transparency and confidence in the property’s legitimacy.
2. Q: Where can I find the survey number of a land parcel in Tamil Nadu?
A: The survey number of a land parcel can be found on the Patta document or the village land records maintained by the Tamil Nadu government’s Revenue Department. It is essential to have the correct survey number to proceed with verifying the landowner’s name through official channels.
3. Q: How can I check the landowner’s name with the survey number in Tamil Nadu?
A: To check the landowner’s name with the survey number in Tamil Nadu, you can visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu State Government’s Revenue Department or the concerned Taluk office. On the website, navigate to the “View Patta & FMB/Chitta/TSLR Extract” section and enter the survey number to access the land records, including the owner’s name.
4. Q: Are there any charges or fees for accessing land records and verifying the owner’s name?
A: Yes, there might be nominal charges or fees for accessing land records and verifying the owner’s name through the official channels. These fees are usually set by the government and are intended to cover administrative costs. Make sure to check the respective website or inquire at the Taluk office for the current fee structure.
5. Q: What should I do if I find any discrepancies in the landowner’s name or other information during the verification process?
A: If you come across any discrepancies in the landowner’s name or other details during the verification process, it is advisable to approach the concerned Taluk office or the Tamilnadu Revenue Department’s officials. They will guide you on the necessary steps to rectify the errors or address any legal issues related to the land record discrepancies. It is essential to resolve such matters before proceeding with any property transaction or further actions related to the land.