All You Need to Know About Patta Name Transfer?
Right now, transferring the name of Patta has become more comfortable. The Tamil Nadu Government took the ambition to ease out the process a bit. And for that reason, the process became much effortless. You don’t have to chance upon any complications while transferring your Patta.
The finest part is you can do it online. Well, if you are confused about how to patta name transfer in Chennai, you are in the right place. We will discuss the name transfer about Patta. So, here all the things that you need to know about the name transfer in Patta.
What is Patta transfer?
Well, transferring Patta is one of the most significant works when it comes to properties. Earlier, the process of moving Patta was a bit tough. However, you can now transfer a Patta without any issues. The Government of Tamil Nadu has simplified the process. Well, the first thing that you have to do is to write a letter to the zonal Tehsildar. Make sure that your message consists of the name of your village, district, taluk, survey number, and the subdivision number.
Also, do not overlook to attach a copy of your document of registration, a copy of last Patta issued for the land, and Encumbrance certificate. Submit your letter to the Village Administrative Officer. That officer will take your letter to the Seva Mayyam, where they will scan your letters and documents. If everything goes pursuant to the plan, you will get the Patta in your name within a month.
What are the Documents Required for Name Transfer?
There are multiple documents that you will need for Patta transfer. In case, if you don’t have those documents, it will be hard for you to get the Patta transfer. Therefore, to help you out, we are presenting you with the materials that you will need during the transfer of the Patta. So, the documents that we are talking about are:
- A Patta transfer application, which is signed.
- It is substantial to keep a copy of the sale deed. You must follow the original document as the authority will verify it.
- Also, you must bring proof that signifies your possession like the Property Tax receipt, or the electricity bill. It is imperative.
- The encumbrance certificate is also significant when it comes to the Patta transfer. So, these are the documents that you have to submit if you want a Patta transfer.
Why Should We Transfer Patta?
We all know that Patta is a register that the Government of Tamil Nadu maintains. It consists of all the details regarding land ownership. Thus, we will discuss why Patta transfer is necessary. Well, Patta transfer is required when you are transferring your plot to someone.
It is also essential when some is transferring his or her plot to you. In case if you want to transfer your Patta top someone else, you have to visit your nearest taluk office. There, they will tell you about how to transfer your Patta. They are the best people who will make you understand the process.
How to Transfer the Patta Name?
Now, let us fathom the process of Patta name. To do this, you have to follow some specific steps. So, here are the steps that you can follow.
- In the first step, you have to write a letter to the zonal Tehsildar. Make sure that your letter consists of the name of the taluk, district, village, survey number, as well as the subdivision number.
- Next, you have to attach the encumbrance certificate as well as the last Patta issued for the land.
- Finally, you have to submit that Patta to the Village Administrative Officer. He or she will take care of your application after that.
- After that, your letter will go to Seva Maiyam. There, they will scan your letter as well as your documents.
- Once everything is done, you will get the transferred Patta within a month.
So, these are the things that you must know about the Patta transfer. We assure you that we will help you if you want to transfer your name in the Patta.